Top 5 Print on Demand Apps for Shopify 2022
You’ve set up your Shopify store, got a theme you love, and chosen your niche. Now you need to decide on an app that lets you sell print-on-demand products. Chances are, the products you want to sell require a printer and that’s where print on demand apps come in. You choose a supplier of materials, who prints the product for you and sends it out to your customer who orders from you.
So, what is print on demand? Print on demand is a powerful tool that’s been used by Shopify dropshipping stores for years. You can now leverage that same technology in your own store thanks to dozens of print-on-demand apps available in the market now.
In the last two years, print-on-demand has exploded. There are a huge number of options on the market now, making it difficult for you to choose a good app for your Shopify store. We can help you with this dilemma.
What you should look for
- Cost: Quality and speed are important parts of a successful business, but costs are probably even more important. If you're a newcomer, you might prefer to try using free print on demand Shopify apps to save money. Instead of simply comparing print-on-demand service rates, also consider how much money you'll generate per sale.
- Product range: Some apps sell a diverse selection of items, such as apparel, accessories, and home goods, while others focus on a specific type of product. For example, if you only want to sell T-shirts, you should think about using an app like Printify or Gooten that allows you to do this.
- Quality of the products: Choose one that offers high-quality materials and prints that can be shipped around the world. Make sure that the products are durable because customers won’t appreciate their designs fading after just one wash.
- No upfront costs: Having the ability to start a print-on-demand company or grow an existing one with minimal inventory investment is a must.
- Free fulfillment & storage: To reduce logistics, expenses, and workload, look for a print-on-demand Shopify service that can manage inventory and fulfill orders without your involvement.
- Fast production and delivery time: Print on demand companies need to produce quickly, so make sure the apps you use offer a reasonable delivery time. Consider choosing a printing service that offers everything from production, shipping, and delivery in fewer than 7 days.
- Customer service: Remember, you are counting on this company to do most of the work for you. So you need one that has reliable customer service on standing by to handle requests and inquiries.
Best Shopify Print on Demand Apps
If you’re looking for a print-on-demand company that does it all, Printful is a great choice. Whether you’re just starting out or ready to grow your business, Printful has the products and services to suit your needs.
For those who are just starting out, having a robust catalog of customizable products is essential. With everything from apparel and wall decor to tech accessories and phone cases, you can build your store with plenty of options for your customers. Once you’ve set up shop, Printful’s mockup generator makes it easy to create realistic product images using real photos of their models and lifestyle shots—a must-have when it comes to selling online.
With its range of marketing services and branded packaging options, Printful also helps established businesses get their message across in a way that’s consistent with their brand image. From custom packaging inserts to logo design services, Printful offers everything you need to take your store to the next level.
- Custom-printed or embroidered products
- High-quality products for happy customers
- Astounding collection - from women's apparel to pillowcases
- Intuitive product mockup generator that lets you create your own designs
Who is it for? Beginners to print-on-demand searching for quick turnaround, easy delivery, and low rates.
The Printify app is the perfect all-in-one Print-on-Demand service for Shopify. This app works without little to no effort. The integration with Shopify is smooth and easy, and all of their products are of good quality.
Printify lets you choose from different fulfillment centers around the world to meet your customers’ needs. There are You companies from the US, Europe, China, and Australia. For example, if you want to sell T-shirts in Europe, you could use an EU-based fulfillment center to cut down on shipping times and costs. When a customer buys one of your shirts, it will be sent from the vendor straight to them with no delays or hassles for you.
- Is equipped with an easy-to-use and straightforward mockup generator
- More than 250 products and 90 locations across the world, including environmentally-friendly printing companies.
- Endless product designs
Who is this for? If you want to print on demand but don't want to deal with the hassle of finding a printing partner in a particular region, Printify is for you. It also has a strong product selection, good printing quality, and products that closely match mockups.
SPOD has one of the industry's fastest fulfillment times (95 percent of orders ship within 48 hours for US and EU). As compared to other on-demand clothes printing apps, SPOD's product range is lower (110 items). It makes up for this with reasonable prices and a user-friendly product designer.
In addition, SPOD has a simple order value-based delivery approach. In most print-on-demand companies, shipping costs are complicated when ordering multiple products from different categories, but not at SPOD.
It also offers a wide range of printing options, including digital direct, laser transfer, special flex, and sublimation. If you want to allow customers to customize their products with their own designs and photos, SPOD has that feature too.
- An extensive library of more than 50,000 free designs
- Sample orders qualify for a 20% discount.
- Has an easy to use tool for beginners to see designs before they are manufactured
- Very fast t-shirt fulfillment
Who is this for? Those who want a quick turnaround, convenient shipping, and low rates. SPOD's Shopify app for print on demand is free. Prices for products start at $6.39 (t-shirts) and $3.57 for shipping (US shipping). This is one of the lowest-priced print-on-demand options in the market. It's also an excellent app to use if you want to allow customers to customize your products, such as a t-shirt with a photo of their choice.
The Apliiq app is great for store owners who have a creative vision and want to develop their own private label clothing brand. It is ideal for store owners who are interested in wholesale and retail, who sell through multiple sales channels, and who want to develop a diverse clothing line.
Apliiq allows you to design your own clothing and accessories from scratch using their 3D Designer.
It also has better wholesale prices than most print-on-demand suppliers, starting with 20% off for a bulk purchase of 10. So for $100, you can get 100 custom woven labels sewn onto your products.
They also have an in-house production artist that assesses your product and makes minor design revisions (if needed). As a dropshipper or bulk buyer, this ensures that your customers receive the best possible version of your product.
- Customers' orders are instantly dispatched to their factory in downtown Los Angeles.
- Can help your brand stand out by offering a wide variety of fashionable and classic clothing options.
- Ships directly to your consumer in a week.
- Fast and simple integration with Shopify
- Exceptional manufacturing and support staff.
- High-quality products that your consumers will be glad to own
Who is it for? This is for those who want to produce retail-quality private-label fashion products based on their own designs in downtown LA. This is a terrific option for store owners that are looking to diversify their product line and have a unique vision for their brand. Anyone looking for top-notch customer service would love this app.
Teelaunch is known for high-quality printing, so it's an excellent choice for people who want to start a business selling custom shirts or other kinds of apparel. They have a wide variety of products available, from t-shirts and hoodies to hats and home goods, so there's something for everyone.
Teelaunch is recommended by several Shopify store owners because they constantly provide high-quality printing. Just take a look at their reviews! Their main focus is on quality products and customer support, so you can count on them to deliver the best product possible.
- Products include everything from apparel to dinnerware to drinkware to housewares to office supplies.
- You only pay when you make a sale, not a monthly charge or a membership. The commission you pay is determined by the price you set.
- Has several manufacturing facilities around the world so you can sell to almost any country.
- Orders are processed quickly, with turnaround times starting at three days for orders placed in the United States.
- Has a very responsive customer support team
Who is it for? Business owners who want a one-stop-shop supplier. Teelaunch makes it really easy to find high-quality goods at reasonable costs. They also provide excellent and prompt customer service, have reasonable delivery timeframes (3-10 days), and have good printing quality. Plus, the extensive product range is unbeatable.
To sum up, there is no shortage of print-on-demand apps for Shopify. There are different tools that are great at different things, and you might have a preference or need depending on your business.
Printful, Printify, and Teelaunch are the best options overall, as it has an amazing set of features, it’s extremely flexible, and you get to design your own products. You can choose from a wide variety of products, order samples as needed. Apliiq is ideal if you're starting your own fashion brand and are interested in streetwear. SPOD is your go-to for speedy deliveries within the United States and the European Union.
While all of these options are excellent products, it really comes down to what you’re looking for and what your business needs. We hope you found this article helpful and that you are able to make a wiser decision than ever before. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions or feedback on the post!
Need eCommerce Solutions?
With over 400 clients served, Webinopoly is a leading web development agency with an experienced team of designers, developers, and marketers. Webinopoly combines a deep understanding of the eCommerce industry and its latest trends with proven success in building attractive and successful online stores. We specialize in custom BigCommerce and Shopify theme design, website development, marketing, and SEO.
If you’d like to learn more about what we can do or view our portfolio, please click on the links below: