Top 5 BigCommerce Apps You Should Use When Starting Out
If you’re currently running an eCommerce store on BigCommerce and want to increase your earnings, you definitely need a few more tools that will help you gain more customers. The thing is, there are a lot of apps available that can make your life easier if you integrate them with BigCommerce. On the other hand, some apps aren’t needed by most store owners.
To help with that, this post will break down our favorite BigCommerce apps as well as an outlook as to why they’re good options to consider.
So you’ve got your product pages all set up, but still no sales? Maybe it’s time to get social! Yotpo is a reviews and UGC platform that gives you everything you need to convert buyers into followers, and followers into superfans.
Yotpo is basically a BigCommerce app that allows you to benefit from customer reviews. It's extremely powerful, and businesses recognize how customer reviews and referrals are significantly more influential than Facebook advertisements and other marketing strategies in the long run. Yotpo helps you with gaining social proof by proactively soliciting reviews. You can also utilize YotPo's Mail After Purchase (MAP) feature to get customer feedback on your products and website.
With Yotpo, collecting and sharing reviews is easier and more effective. Using their plugin, you can easily host your store’s reviews on your store pages, automatically send review requests to customers after a purchase, generate Facebook ads using user-generated content, integrate Google stars directly into your email campaigns and manage reviews from within your Gmail or Outlook inbox.
Yotpo users experience a 30-120% lift in conversion rate when using the customizable widgets on product pages. Yotpo’s basic version is free, while premium features are available at an additional cost. Yotpo is plug and play with BigCommerce so it is easy to use and setup takes only 3 minutes.
Who is this app for? People who wish to take advantage of customer reviews, maximize user-generated content, and enhance conversions.
Price: Free plan available and paid plans starting at $15/month
- Automatic review requests that sync with orders placed on your BigCommerce store
- Social curation tool that can find and gather the best customer-produced content on social media
- On-Site Widgets showcase the reviews that you’ve collected on relevant product pages
- Commenting to create an engaged community
- Community Q&A
- Reliable support system for those just starting out
- Marketing tools such as social media ads, review generation, retention, marketing, and SEO functionalities
- Algorithms to show the right products to the right people
Accounting and bookkeeping is a task that either takes a tedious amount of time to do yourself or costs a lot of money to have someone do it for you. Instead of hiring a daily or weekly bookkeeper, you can integrate the Quickbooks app with your BigCommerce store, let it run in the background, and send all the data to your accountant during tax season.
This is definitely a must-have for businesses of all sizes. By using QuickBooks, you’ll be able to sync your accounting with orders, products, and customers to automatically reconcile your books.
You won’t have to keep up with manual bookkeeping and you get to minimize your data entry – the only thing you'll need to do is approve your transactions. Spend more time growing your business, not worrying about manual accounting tasks.
Who is this app for? BigCommerce store owners who want to automate their accounting needs to save time, avoid errors, and manage their finances with confidence.
Price: Starts at $15/month for the Simple Plan and $31 for the Plus Plan
- Allows you to create invoices that track sales per customer, and manage sales and income
- Automatically keeps track of your bills and expenses by connecting your bank and credit card accounts
- Provides access to reports like profit and loss reports, balance sheet reports, and statements of cash flows
- Has its own payroll function that can automatically calculate and run payroll as often as you need it
- Automatic tracking and updating of delivery as you enter transactions
- Management of accounting and taxes
- Convenient tools like capturing expense receipts with just a picture
You’re busy enough. Shipping shouldn’t be a hassle. ShipStation allows you to easily import, organize, process and manage orders from all of your BigCommerce sales channels in one place. ShipStation provides a complete multi-channel solution for your shipping needs that integrates with over 30 marketplaces including Amazon, Ebay, and Bigcommerce.
It can also help you cut shipping costs for your online store with direct connections to top carriers like USPS, UPS, and FedEx. ShipStation will even help drive more business from your existing customers with branded tracking pages.
Easily create shipping labels, manage your inventory and even add photos of products from BigCommerce directly into your shipments. Get up and running fast with an easy-to-use interface borne from two decades of eCommerce shipping expertise.
Who is this app for? Those who want automated and advanced features that make managing and shipping orders a breeze.
Price: Plans start at $9/month
- Packing slips, shipment labels, and shipping confirmation emails can all be personalized with your company's logo.
- Discounts on courier services such as USPS, FedEx, and DHL
- Automation, batch printing, cloud and mobile shipping, dashboards, and interfaces are just a few of the features provided.
- Order retrieval from multiple shipping channels is done automatically.
- Customized email confirmations and tracking information
LiveChat helps you increase your cart value and decrease the cart abandonment rate by engaging customers instantly. It is an online chat app helping businesses increase conversion rates, leads, and sales. It gives you more opportunities to engage with customers and build relationships in real-time. This app is an efficient, lightweight way to provide customer service from your online store.
With LiveChat you can easily manage multiple conversations at once, see the entire conversation history, quickly pick up where you left off, or seamlessly hand over responsibility to another team member. LiveChat offers many other features that help companies of all sizes improve their customer service, increase customer satisfaction and reduce customer churn. Sounds like a really good app right? There’s even a free 14-day trial if you want to give it a test run.
Who is this app for? Store owners who want to provide great customer service and boost their sales.
Price: Starts at $16/month
- Even if they never hit send, you can see what consumers are typing.
- When required, you can transfer conversations between agents.
- You can block disrespectful visitors with the guest banning option
- Allows you to keep track of delivery statuses.
- You can enable custom forms and AI chatbot automations
- Automatically segments visitors based on what they do on your site
Omnisend helps you to create a personal brand experience and ties your BigCommerce store with all your other email campaigns, which allows you to learn more about your customers on different channels and collect richer data.
It’s perfect for any business wanting to manage their entire email, SMS, and more from one place. You’ll be able to create beautiful email campaigns, segment contacts, and customers, and send automated emails on your schedule. Best of all, it’s easy to get started with pre-built automations.
You also know you’re in good hands as BigCommerce has selected it as one of just two email service providers (ESPs) as an Elite Technology Partner.
As part of an "omnichannel experience," you will be able to reach different groups of people with emails, texts, and more. Omnisend makes it easy to start using the service right away, with pre-built automation like Welcome Series, Cart Abandonment, and Order Confirmation already set up and ready to drive conversions and revenue. It’s also worth noting that only Omnisend's email marketing platform offers BigCommerce stores cross-device abandoned cart recovery.
Who is this app for? For stores who want to automate their email marketing and use other marketing tools in one platform
Price: Free plan available and paid plans starting at $16/month
- Intuitive drag-and-drop builder which makes it easy to customize your emails, SMS, and automated workflows to precisely fit your strategy.
- Interactive list-building forms to help you grow a highly-engaged subscriber base quickly and efficiently.
- Smart segmentation and reactivation workflows encourage repeat purchases and keep customers coming back for more.
- Cross-device abandoned cart recovery that makes it easy for your customers to get their carts back on their laptop or on their phone
- Single-click installation allows you to use it right away
It's safe to say that a strong business presence on the web is necessary in today's digitally connected world. And if you're serious about your business, then you should be taking steps to cultivate a strong web presence. If you'd like expert help with this, reach out to our team of web development experts at [email protected]. We'll work closely with your company to develop a website that will meet your needs and help your business grow!
A single web developer can only offer so much. An eCommerce site design and development agency offers a wide range of services such as website and mobile app design, front-end development, eCommerce implementation, and marketing.
If you’d like to learn more about what we can do or view our portfolio, please click on the links below:
Develop and Grow Your BigCommerce Site with Webinopoly.
One of the keys to a successful eCommerce business is an optimized, functional, and fully responsive website. Once you’re ready to take your business to the next level, we’re here to help.
With over 400 clients served, Webinopoly is a leading web development agency with an experienced team of designers, developers, and marketers. Webinopoly combines a deep understanding of the eCommerce industry and its latest trends with proven success in building attractive and successful online stores. The agency specializes in designing custom themes for BigCommerce and Shopify, as well as website and app development, eCommerce marketing, and SEO.
If you’d like to learn more about what we can do or view our portfolio, please click on the links below: