How To Accept Payments Via Cash App on Shopify
Business owners love Shopify because it provides so many useful tools and services to help them sell their products online. The Shopify ecosystem is enormous, and it could serve as a one-stop shop for anything from online storefronts to POS hardware, inventory management to employee management, and more.
Customers, on the other hand, appreciate its simple user interface. Shopify makes it easy for them to select an item, add it to their shopping cart, check out, and pay. To make matters even better, Paypal allows merchants to set up numerous payment options, allowing customers to select the method that works best for them.
In this post, we'll focus on receiving payments via Cash App and Paypal, which is a key aspect of Shopify's infrastructure.
How To Accept Payments via Cash App
Cash App is a mobile payment app that allows users to receive and send money to friends and family or pay vendors and retailers. A lot of people use it today for spending and even investing in bitcoin.
Because it’s been growing in popularity and usage, it will be great to offer your customers this method of payment as it is more convenient for them.
Do note, however, it is not possible to use Cash App to pay someone outside of the United States or the United Kingdom. Before you can start using Cash App, you’ll need to link a bank account or debit card.
If you don’t have a Cash App account yet, follow these steps:
Creating an account for Cash App can be done in two ways: either by downloading the iOS or Android app, or by visiting the website and creating an account.
Here is a step-by-step guide for the website:
- Enter your email address or phone number.
- Type the code you were sent to your email/phone.
- Enter your debit card information to connect to your bank.
- Type your full name.
- Decide on a $Cashtag, which is a unique username people can use to send money to you (more on this below). We advise you to keep it as close to your brand or company name as possible.
- Enter your ZIP code.
Setting Up Cash App on Shopify
- Go to www.shopify.com and login to your store
- Go to Settings > Payments
- Scroll down to Manual Payments. Click manual payment methods > Create custom payment method.
- Fill out the needed information. Add the custom payment name (such as “Pay with Cash App”)
- You can add instructions and other important details under “Additional Details” to give your customers the step-by-step.
Note: Cash App gives your account a $cashtag, include it here so customers know where to send the payment. You can also advise customers to add their complete name in the notes section of Cash App. You could add additional instructions as well such as “Send A Screenshot via Email After Payment” for extra security.
- “Payment Instructions” is what appears after they click submit. You can add further instructions here and a short Thank You message.
- Click Save.
How to Cash Out
You may withdraw funds from your Cash App account via the website or app.
To withdraw funds from your Cash App account, open the app, hit your profile image at the top of the screen, go to Cash, and then select Cash Out to specify how much you want to transfer to your bank.
You may also cash out via your Cash Card page in a web browser.
Once Cash App payment is active, customers can choose to pay thru this method manually. This will appear after customers check out. “Pay with Cash App” will appear under the credit card information boxes.
When they click that, the details you placed under “Additional Details” should appear, followed by the information you placed under “Payment Instructions.”
- Once you receive the order, you can check Cash App if they have paid you. If you asked them to send a screenshot as proof of payment, check the email that you provided.
- After confirming their orders, you can go ahead and deliver their item.
Benefits of Using Cash App
- Zero fees*
- Funds are available instantly
- Lets you sign up with your existing bank card
- You can get a free debit card to use with Cash App
- Buy Bitcoin
- Earn rewards
- Add recurring cash into your own account
- Receive payments via direct deposit
You'll discover that Cash App is really simple to use, handy, and practically free. It also makes paying hassle-free for your customers, and in this business, customer experience is everything.
If you need help setting up your Shopify store and need a custom theme designed for your brand, get in touch with Webinopoly’s Shopify Experts today. Webinopoly is an Award-Winning Digital Agency and are experts in Design, Setup, Development, and Marketing. Our services range from building your Shopify store to theme customization, website development, migration to Shopify, SEO, and marketing.
Connect with us
Learn more about Webinopoly
If you’d like to learn more about what we can do or view our portfolio, please click on the links below: