80 + Significant Shopify Statistics (2023)
Let me introduce you to a Shopify extravaganza that will blow your socks off, ladies and gentlemen!
Prepare to be astounded and dazzled by a wealth of over 80 significant Shopify statistics for 2023!
Are you prepared for an incredible journey through the highs and lows of the Shopify world?
From sales figures that will make your head spin to statistics that will have you on the edge of your seat, we have it all.
We have all the information you need to keep up with the quick-paced world of e-commerce, presented in vivid graphs and charts that will make your heart skip a beat.
Folks, we're not just discussing the fundamentals here.
This is mind-blowing next-level material!
The staggering number of merchants who have signed up for Shopify in the last year is just one of the statistics that will make you gasp.
Not to mention the mind-boggling revenue figures that will cause you to go for your calculator in disbelief.
That's not all, people. We have details that will make you grin, like the best-selling items on the market (hint: it involves cats and coffee).
Other trends, including the expanding importance of social media in the e-commerce sector, will also have you nodding your head in agreement.
So relax, sit back, and get ready for a wild journey.
We have all the details you require regarding Shopify in 2023, and we promise it will be a thrilling experience!
The first question is: What is Shopify?
Think of yourself as a savvy businessperson who dislikes the traditional brick-and-mortar retail setting.
Using Shopify, a web-based retail solution, you can quickly create and manage your very own online store.
With millions of users, including small businesses and large enterprises, Shopify has completely taken over the e-commerce industry, making good money and challenging other platforms for first place
You'll see exactly how big of a game-changer Shopify is in the online retail space thanks to our mind-blowing statistics and analytics.
Your mind is about to be blown!
Important Shopify information you didn't know
Shopify's general statistics
Everyone, hold on to your hats because I'm about to drop some jaw-dropping Shopify numbers that will blow your mind!
Get prepared for a wild ride.
- Over 6 million websites have chosen Shopify as their website platform, so get ready to have your socks knocked off!
There are currently 4,418,121 active sites using Shopify, and an additional 1,894,271 sites have previously utilized it.
That's a lot of websites to monitor.
- From Down Under to cheery ol' England, Shopify is catching on like wildfire in more than 175 nations.
However, the United States, the United Kingdom, Australia, and Canada are where it is most common.
Everyone appears to want a piece of the Shopify action!
- Do you want to spice up your Shopify store? You're fortunate!
Almost 8,000 applications in a variety of categories are available in the Shopify app store to help businesses liven up their online stores and stand out from the competition.
- Cha-ching! Shopify generated a staggering $3.9 billion in revenue in the first three quarters of 2022, a 20% increase over the same period in 2021.
It appears like business is thriving!
- Shopify has handled approximately $590 billion in sales since its launch 17 years ago.
With that much money, you could purchase a whole fleet of private jets and still have some spare coins.
- Shopify generated $989.9 million in sales from merchant solutions in the third quarter of 2022, a 26% increase over the same period in the previous year.
It appears that an increasing number of companies are using Shopify to power their online stores.
- Ready for some exciting theme-related news?
There are more than 100 free and premium themes available in the Shopify Theme Store.
That's correct, you can give your store a professional look without spending a fortune.
- Almost 10,000 people work hard at Shopify to maintain the platform's functionality.
Additionally, merchants have access to a network of over 780 Shopify professionals that can assist them with everything from business setup to expansion.
- Shopify can accommodate you regardless of the language you speak.
20 languages are supported by the platform, enabling you to connect with clients anywhere in the world.
- The future is mobile, baby!
Mobile devices account for about 70% of orders and 80% of website traffic for Shopify.
It's time to get your thumbs prepared and begin mobile shopping!
- Shopify is grabbing a piece of the e-commerce action from Amazon.
10% of all online sales in the US are made through Shopify.
It appears that businesses are swarming to Shopify to participate.
- Everyone, hold on to your hats!
Shopify's market capitalization is projected to be a staggering $51.49 billion as of January 2023.
With that much money, you could purchase your island and stop worrying about bothersome neighbors forever.
- In the first three quarters of 2022, Shopify's sales climbed by 20% from the corresponding period in 2021 to $3.9 billion.
Shopify seems to be on a roll right now and doesn't seem to be slowing down anytime soon.
- Shopify has facilitated more than $590 billion in sales since its launch 17 years ago. You could eat avocado toast every day for the rest of your life if you had that much cash.
- In the third quarter of 2022, Shopify generated $989.9 million in sales from merchant services, a 26% increase from the same period the year prior.
It seems like more businesses are hopping on the Shopify bandwagon and finding excellent success.
Statistics for Shopify Plus
- Around 21,000 fortunate individuals will have access to Shopify Plus as of January 2023.
More than 13,000 of them are actively showing off as active Shopify Plus stores, and another 7,000 have already experienced the sweet nectar of Shopify Plus.
- More than 195 partners and more than 50 verified apps are part of the Shopify Plus network.
A rocket could easily be launched to the moon and back with so much force!
- With an astounding 8,481 stores, the United States is the uncontested heavyweight champion of Shopify Plus.
with 940 stores each, while Australia follows suit with 727 outlets.
- Shopify Plus is ranked as the seventh most popular website in the Enterprise category by BuiltWith's Top 1 Million sites.
That would be like being the seventh wonder of the world of online shopping!
- Be prepared to break out the wallet if you want to become a member of the elite group of Shopify Plus merchants.
The monthly subscription fee is a staggering $2,000 to begin.
But hey, you have to pay to play when you're at the top.
- A significant contributor to the company's revenue is Shopify Plus.
It represented 28% of monthly recurring revenue as of September 2021. (MRR).
By the end of 2022, though, it had flexed its muscles and raised its share to a startling 33%, or $35.1 million in MRR.
- Shopify Plus is always adding new tools to its library of effective ones that may help retailers improve and modify their stores, in addition to the 50 certified apps that are already available.
Shopify Fulfillment Network, a new tool that the platform has released, enables retailers to outsource their fulfillment requirements to a network of reliable partners.
- Customers of Shopify Plus have access to beta features, dedicated support, and invitation-only events, among other exclusive benefits.
Becoming a part of it is similar to belonging to a secret club, but with more money and fewer spooky handshakes.
- Shopify Plus caters to more than simply the leading online retailers.
The service is accessible to small business owners because of its "Lite" plan, which starts at $9 per month and gives them a taste of the high life.
Statistics regarding Shopify's finances
- Shopify's revenue is rising as quickly as a rocket-powered kangaroo on a sugar rush.
In comparison to the same period in 2021, its total revenue in the first three quarters of 2022 was $3.9 billion, up 20%.
The quantity of dough would rival the stock of a bakery!
- Shopify has facilitated $590 billion in sales over the previous 17 years, which is more than other nations' GDP!
Scrooge McDuck would be compelled to enter his bank vault only by that.
- Shopify's merchant solution sales in the third quarter of 2022 totaled a staggering $989.9 million, up 26% over the same period in the previous year.
That is equivalent to a month of daily lottery wins!
- Shopify's net income in the third quarter of 2022 was $342.2 million, up 44% over the comparable period in 2021.
That would be sufficient to purchase a tiny Tropical island.
- In 2021, Shopify's average income per merchant was $2,017, which is enough to treat yourself to a special meal every night for a whole year!
- Shopify had a market valuation of $51.49 billion as of January 2023, which is greater than some small nations' GDP!
- The gross merchandise volume (GMV) of Shopify in the third quarter of 2022 was $45.6 billion, which is enough to buy a cheeseburger for every person in the country.
- A marathon was completed every day for a year in 2021 thanks to the 1.9 million transactions Shopify processed on average each day.
- About 21 million people have downloaded the Shopify mobile app, enough to populate a small city!
- To acquire a private aircraft, Shopify's subscription solutions revenue in Q3 2022 was $351.6 million!
- Shopify had more than 1.9 million active merchants as of Q3 2022, which is greater than the population of certain nations!
- The yearly sales growth rate for the past four years has been above 50%, which is incredible for Shopify.
- Shopify's operational costs in Q3 2022 were $568.3 million, which is enough to purchase a fleet of Lamborghinis!
- A small island in the Pacific might have been purchased with the $2.7 billion in merchant solutions revenue generated by Shopify in 2021!
- Shopify will have over 10,000 workers by Q3 2022, enough to fill a small stadium!
- As of Q3 2022, Shopify's "Plus" enterprise platform generated $35.1 million in Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR), or 33% of the company's overall MRR, climbing faster than a fairytale beanstalk.
To have a money tree in your backyard is analogous to that.
Stats on Shopify's Market Share
- Shopify has dominated the e-commerce industry with its alluring allure, and its popularity in the United States (2.8M) and the United Kingdom is surging.
Canada (185K), Australia (131K), and (105K).
- Being the fastest-growing online store builder, Shopify has been compared to a cheetah on steroids when it comes to growth.
- Shopify is at the top of the heap in the gold mine which is the online retail sector.
The estimated value of the global e-commerce market is $6.3 trillion this year and an astounding $8.1 trillion by 2026.
- With a market share of 19% among the top one million websites, Shopify, the second-largest provider of e-commerce platforms, is a ruthless lion in charge.
- Shopify, a retail juggernaut, came in third place in US retail e-commerce sales (4.4%), trailing only Amazon (9.1%), eBay (6.5%), Apple (3.9%), Walmart (5%), and other major players.
In the retail sector, Shopify is a serious player.
- With almost 29% of websites implementing e-commerce technology in September 2021, Shopify claimed the title for the largest share of the e-commerce software market in the United States.
Wix Shops, WooCommerce Checkout, and Squarespace Add to Cart are three other prominent market participants with a combined market share of 11% or more.
Shopify is in the lead.
- Shopify is not free from the thrill trip that is on the stock market, which is similar to a roller coaster.
In 2020, the price of Shopify stock increased by about 300% in just four months, but like a phoenix rising from the ashes, Shopify will rise once again.
- With a market capitalization of $51.49 billion, Shopify is the gem in the rough and the 308th most valuable business globally.
The value of Shopify is unstoppable, like a blazing sun that never sets.
Use and Traffic Statistics for Shopify
Who wouldn't want to attend a party with such accomplished individuals?
- According to Google Trends, Shopify is a top-tier provider of e-commerce solutions.
Its rivals are left in the dust since it is the most used search engine in the game.
- Shopify is engulfing the globe, one nation at a time.
From the US, the UK, and Canada, it receives the most visitors.
It resembles a global citizen with a digital universe passport.
- With a 59.14% male and a 40.86% female audience, the Shopify audience is like an all-male rock band.
Although the men may be in charge, the women are a powerful force.
- The age range of 25 to 34 is the largest on Shopify.
These people are in the prime of their lives and are prepared to take on the e-commerce industry.
- Shopify is the preferred shopping destination for more than 62 million customers worldwide, who make 3.8 repeat purchases from the same retailer on average.
That is comparable to having a devoted following that simply cannot get enough of your work.
- Visitors to Shopify are most interested in fashion, clothes, programming, and developer software, with computers, electronics, and technology coming in second and third.
They seem to be out to conquer the digital world in both aesthetics and substance.
- Consumers in the US are monarchs of the market, spending nearly twice as much as those in other nations.
Germans are like speed demons, making decisions about what to buy in less than 18 minutes.
When compared to US consumers, who spend an average of $81, Japanese consumers are the high rollers, spending an average of $142.
On Shopify, it's like the global shopping Olympics, and everyone comes out on top.
- In January 2023, Shopify will have a whopping 4.4 million daily active users.
More people live there than live in New Zealand!
- By the end of last year, Shopify had received an astounding 70 million visitors.
More people visited that than the Instagram page of a Kardashian!
- The Shopify market is dominated by mobile devices, which account for 71% of orders and 81% of visitors.
It's like desktop computers are the geeks hanging out in the library, while mobile devices are the popular kids in high school.
- Brazilian buyers are crazy about smartphones, whilst those in Denmark, Ireland, Malaysia, Morocco, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Singapore, and Vietnam are all about tablets.
Tablets, desktop computers, and mobile devices are all equally likely to be used for shopping by customers from the United States, Australia, Canada, China, and the United Kingdom.
- Online retailers account for more than 80% of Shopify's sales.
But let's not overlook the reliable point of sale (POS), which continues to account for a substantial portion of sales.
It's like the Robin to the Batman of the internet marketplace.
- With direct traffic accounting for a whopping 45.86% of desktop visitors last month, Shopify depends on it to survive.
With 28.84%, search is just slightly behind referrals (20.48%), social (2.29%), mail (1.62%), and display (0.91%).
- "Shopify" (1.7M), "Shopify Login" (219.1K), "Dropshipping" (70.1K), "Shopify App Store" (66.3K), "Shopify Themes" (35.8K), and 18.4K other keyword kings and queens are the top keywords driving organic traffic to Shopify.
- YouTube (42.52%) is where Shopify gets the most of its social media traffic.
At 15.04%, Reddit is in second place, followed by Twitter (5.21%), Facebook on Desktop (14.44%), Pinterest (6.41%), and the rest of the social media posse (16.38%).
- Fashion and apparel (14.65%), video games consoles and accessories (6.67%), business services (6.12%), consumer electronics (4.95%), graphics multimedia and web design (4.05%), and the rest of the referral squad (63.56%) are referral sites that drive desktop traffic to Shopify.
- In September 2022, Shopify's average bounce rate from desktop Google searches was 41.1%.
To play dodgeball and only be struck by the ball 41.1% of the time is the equivalent.
Not bad at all!
- Desktop traffic from Shopify is directed to 188 different websites across a range of different categories, including business services (24.47%), digital marketing (7.86%), graphics multimedia and web design (3.60%), fashion and apparel (3.42%), beauty and cosmetics (1.87%), and the rest of website wonderland (58.78%).
It resembles an intricate web of connections worthy of Spiderman!
The conversion rate on Shopify
Take note, people!
The following statistics concerning Shopify's conversion rates will leave you speechless:
- The conversion rate for Shopify stores is 1.4% on average.
That's like throwing a dart blindfolded and striking the bullseye!
- Keep your hats on though, because the top 10% of profitable Shopify stores have a conversion rate that is on average 4.7%.
It's comparable to making a hole-in-one on a par-5 hole.
- Folks, it only gets wilder from there.
More than 3.2% of visitors convert to the top 20% of Shopify's online stores.
That's like taking home two lotto winnings in a single week!
- Regrettably, not every Shopify store can succeed.
The conversion rate for the bottom 20% of retailers is close to 0.4%.
That's like believing a basketball to resurface after being thrown into the sea.
- For Shopify stores, the typical mobile conversion rate is 1.2%.
That is comparable to flipping over on a tightrope!
- Yet, there's still more!
The mobile device conversion rate for the top 10% of Shopify stores is 2.7%.
It's comparable to operating a Ferrari on the Autobahn!
- Also, the top 20% of Shopify stores have a mobile device conversion rate of 3.9%, as if that weren't enough.
It's comparable to sending a spacecraft to the moon and returning.
World E-Commerce Statistics on Shopify
- Retail e-commerce sales are anticipated to reach $6.51 trillion by 2023, or 22.3% of total retail sales.
By 2026, it is anticipated that global retail e-commerce sales would have increased to $8.1 trillion from their $5.2 trillion level in 2021.
- China dominates the world's e-commerce market, accounting for 46.3% of all online retail sales, or more than $2.8 trillion in the year before.
Moreover, it had the most digital clients of any corporation, 842.1 million, as of December 2021.
- After China and the US, the UK is the third-largest online market with a 4.8% share of retail e-commerce sales. South Korea (2.5%) and Japan (3%) come next.
- The US e-commerce market is anticipated to reach $1,111 billion this year, up from an estimated $905 billion in 2022.
In 2023, 83. 218.8 million US consumers, or 65% of the country's projected 334.2 million citizens, are expected to make online purchases.
- It is anticipated that $620.97 billion will be spent on mobile devices by the end of the following year, making up nearly half of all e-commerce transactions.
You are now a true authority on Shopify if you've read this far.
Your head will spin more quickly than a ninja's roundhouse kick as a result of the truly astounding figures and numbers you've studied.
You are now prepared to take on the e-commerce world like a boss thanks to the eye-popping conversion rates of successful Shopify sites and the astounding worldwide e-commerce sales data!
The obligation to use these Shopify facts to build your profitable online store rests with you, so don't allow all this information to overwhelm you.
With the appropriate approach and a little bit of luck, you could be one of Shopify's top-performing companies, earning money like a high-stakes gambler in Las Vegas.
So why are you still waiting?
With your newfound knowledge, rule the e-commerce world, but don't forget to keep an eye on conversion rates because they might just hold the secret to your online store's actual potential.
Who knows, perhaps one day the upcoming Shopify facts and numbers report will include a story about your success.
The possibilities are endless, so start acting on your fantasies today!
Searching for unrivaled assistance?
The solution is Webinopoly!
We're always available to assist you in navigating the e-commerce world with ease.
Our team of skilled specialists is ready around-the-clock to respond to your inquiries and offer customized solutions that are tailored to your particular needs.
We are your go-to resource for success, whether you're just getting started or a seasoned veteran.
Choose Webinopoly and experience the difference instead of settling for subpar assistance!